Every individual and business has unique insurance needs. The brokers at Bow Valley Insurance specialize in customized home, group, and auto insurance packages.
When you work with a broker you get insurance designed to meet your distinctive needs. Since our brokers work for you, not an insurance company, you have access to a number of insurance providers, allowing you to choose from several companies to select a policy that’s just right for you.
When you purchase a vehicle, you need certain documents to obtain your Calgary auto insurance. Here we outline what you need to insure a new vehicle, or one that is new to you.
Documents Required for Calgary Auto Insurance
In order to insure a vehicle, we will need the following documents and information:
- Bill of Sale
- If the vehicle is leased, your Lease Agreement
- Drivers license numbers
- Date of birth for each driver of the vehicle
The following may apply based your individual circumstances:
- If you are a new driver and have taken a driver training course, you’ll need a copy of the certificate indicating you successfully completed the course.
- If you purchased a vehicle that was last registered in another province, you’ll need an Out-of-Province Inspection to register your vehicle in Alberta. Your broker can help you locate qualified inspection shops in the area.
- If you were licensed and/or insured in another province or another country, you will need to obtain a Claims Experience Letter as well as a Driver’s Abstract from the out-of-province jurisdiction. Speak with your broker about how to obtain your Driver’s Abstract; there may be additional costs to obtain these documents.
- If you’ve purchased a vehicle 12 years old or older, be sure to speak with your broker. You may need to obtain a Vehicle Inspection Report Form in order to insure the vehicle.
Are You Eligible for a Discount on Your Calgary Auto Insurance?
At Bow Valley Insurance, we’ll help you qualify for any discount you’re eligible for! Some of the discounts we offer are as follows:
- Multi-car or multi-policy discount
- Driver over 45
- Short commute
- Loyalty discount
- Anti-theft device
- Hybrid vehicle
- Drivers Education
Bow Valley Insurance Brokers: Specialists in Home, Group, and Calgary Auto Insurance
The brokers at Bow Valley Insurance specialize in customized home, group, and Calgary auto insurance packages to meet your individual needs. If you’ve recently purchased a new vehicle, be sure to see our article on Auto Insurance Savings and request a free online auto insurance quote Auto Insurance from Bow Valley. And, if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us!