Requesting an auto or home insurance quote from a Bow Valley Insurance broker will allow you the opportunity to compare the policies and options of several insurance providers to make sure you’re getting the coverage you require. Your ultimate choice of plan may also depend on the discounts available. As well as discounts, we have several more suggestions to save on home insurance and auto insurance available for you.
Tips for Lowering Your Home Insurance Costs
- Install an Alarm System – Discounts are available for those who have approved alarm systems installed.
- Raise Your Deductible – This is the fastest and easiest way to lower your overall insurance costs. If you can afford a higher deductible, this is a good suggestion for you.
- Bundle Up – Combine all of your insurance policies to receive a multi-policy discount.
- Occupation/Employment – Certain occupations – such as medical practitioners – are also available for discounts. Let us know if you work in the healthcare industry.
- Remain Claims Free – By taking care to perform regular maintenance around your home to safeguard against extreme weather events and plumbing disasters you can easily remain claims-free for a lifetime.
- Mortgage Free – If you have been fiscally responsible enough to pay off your mortgage, you will be double rewarded with an insurance discount.
- Stability of Residence – Living at the same address for a long period of time will also earn you a discount on your home insurance.
Tips for Lowering Your Auto Insurance Costs
- Drive Less – Those who have a short commute or that take transit & put less kilometres on their vehicles receive lower Calgary auto insurance rates.
- Raise Your Deductible – If you can afford a higher deductible, it’s one of the easiest ways to immediately lower your rates.
- Bundle Up – Combine all of your policies to earn a multi-policy discount.
- Occupation/Employment – Several occupations are available for additional discounts, such as medical practitioners. Let your broker or provider know if you work in Alberta’s healthcare industry.
- Remain Claims-Free – Drive carefully, and if you can, pay for minor repairs out of pocket. If you are an above-average driver, your savings in premiums will more than pay for your repairs over time.
- Anti-Theft Device – An alarm system on your vehicle can keep your car safe and your rates low.
- Driver Education – New drivers who have taken part in an approved Driver Education course can earn a discount on their insurance.
- Hybrid Vehicles – Lower your fuel payments and your auto insurance rates with an economical hybrid vehicle.
Lower Insurance Costs by Working With Bow Valley Insurance
At Bow Valley Insurance, you’ll always enjoy the benefits of our excellent insurance products, and we’re always watching for ways to help you save on your insurance. Please request an auto insurance quote or home insurance quote from Bow Valley today!