Get motorhome insurance that’s right for you.
Built with adventures and the exciting possibility of living on the road in mind, this combination requires the right protection from damage, accidents, and disasters — a specially designed motorhome insurance policy.
Whether you own a motorhome, RV or classic camper van, our insurance brokers can help you get the protection you need.
Do I need motorhome insurance?
Motorhome insurance protects you in case of accidents, damage, and liability to third parties. This also provides compensation for expenses associated with roadside breakdowns, such as emergency towing.
A comprehensive motorhome insurance policy guarantees protection for vehicles of any class while taking into account how it’s used.
- Class A: an RV with the living accommodations built on or as an integral part of a self-propelled motor vehicle.
- Class B: motorized RV built on a van chassis. This type of RV is usually called a “van conversion.”
- Class C: a recreational vehicle built on van or truck chassis, including the cab. Most often with a living quarter’s section attached to a cab.
What does motorhome insurance cover?
Our insurance brokers work to equip you with the right protection for every adventure. At Bow Valley Insurance, our mission is to equip your motorhome with comprehensive but affordable protection, whether you’re on the road or parked at campgrounds.
Standard Motorhome Insurance Coverage
No matter what type of motorhome you drive, these insurance coverages are standard and mandatory for being on the road:
- Liability: coverage against liability claims in the event of an accident wherein you are held liable for the injury or death of another party, as well as damage to their vehicle or property.
- Accident benefits: provides additional financial cover for medical and rehabilitative treatments not covered under the provincial health insurance plan, as well as funeral costs and lost income due to disability sustained from the accident.
- Uninsured automobile coverage: guarantees financial coverage for rehabilitative treatment or loss of life due to accidents involving uninsured motorists.
Additional Coverage Options
Our insurance brokers can help you build a customized insurance plan with additional coverage options, including:
- Collision or upset: covers the cost of motorhome repair or total replacement in case of a severe collision with another vehicle or stationary objects, such as trees and guardrails.
- Comprehensive: covers damage resulting from property crimes such as theft and vandalism, as well as natural causes and accidents involving animals.
- Contents: includes repair or replacement costs for personal property inside the motorhome, such as furniture and electronics.
- RV replacement: covers the cost of a replacement unit in the event of severe damage or total loss of your motorhome Alternative transportation: provides resources for renting a temporary RV if your motorhome is under repair due to a claim.
- Family protection: provides additional financial benefits in the case of your or your loved ones’ death or injury resulting from an accident wherein an uninsured driver is found liable.
- Emergency expenses: reimburses expenses resulting from alternative living expenses when your motorhome is undergoing extensive repairs
- Increased liability limits: due to their dual nature and size that increase their risk of damage, increased liability coverage is recommended.
Ask Our Brokers About Motorhome Insurance
Our knowledgeable insurance brokers are here to assist you with your motorhome insurance. We work with leading policy providers to source the best policy for your motorhome, ensuring you are protected while on the road or at the campsite.
- Tell us about your motorhome and how it’s used: it’s important to tell us everything about your motorhome and how it’s used. This allows us to find and recommend the right coverage for your needs.
- Compare quotes: find the coverage you need at the most competitive rates and unlock discounts for your policy, including drivers over 45, membership with an RV association, rubber-proof models, and a claims-free history. Learn about the standard and beneficial add-ons for the contents of your motorhome and family protection.
- Driving history: clean driving history and no traffic violations is rewarded with lower premiums.
Contact Bow Valley Insurance
At Bow Valley Insurance, our experienced team endeavours to provide you with the best possible insurance coverage for your needs.
Our brokers are dedicated to helping you stay protected while you travel in your motorhome of choice — whether that be in a motorhome, RV or camper van.
Ask our experienced insurance specialists about the most competitive plans available at 1-800-332-1308 or contact us here.
Coverage is subject to policy wording, terms, conditions, and deductibles. Protection is limited to the perils, coverage, exclusions, and limits shown on the policy.