Every successful company is built on the strength of its leaders.
Directors and officers must exercise due diligence when making executive decisions that define the operations, product and service deployment, and sustainable growth of the organization that they serve.
Due to their responsibility and liability, directors and officers can be held liable if a company faces legal action and regulatory violations. Directors and officers liability insurance protects your organization.
What is directors and officers liability insurance?
Directors and officers (D&O) liability insurance protects corporate leaders from financial loss due to allegations and lawsuits during their tenure.
D&O liability insurance also provides entity coverage, or reimbursement, in cases wherein both the corporate leadership and the organization are named in a lawsuit.
Does my company need directors and liability officers insurance?
Directors and officers liability insurance benefits companies of all sizes and industries. Whether a corporation is publicly or privately held or a not-for-profit, it’s necessary to secure your corporate leadership from exposure to liability claims that impact top talent, company finances, and even long-term survival in the face of negative PR and the risk of losing investor confidence.
Common liability claims faced by directors and officers in which D&O liability insurance provides coverage:
- Inferior corporate leadership, according to professional or industry standards
- Breach of fiduciary duty, such as professional disloyalty or profiting off a conflict of interest
- Legal or regulatory compliance failure
- Passing executive decisions without proper authority
- Wrongful employment and professional practices
What does directors and officers liability insurance cover?
D&O liability insurance provides protection for corporate leaders — the very people who engineer every venture’s success.
- Directors and officers liability: covers directors and officers and/or the company if sued or taken to court for legal or regulatory compliance failure
- Defence costs reimbursed: covers losses or reimbursements for legal fees or any other costs incurred in defending directors and officers against lawsuits.
- Employment practices liability: including wrongful dismissal or discretionary hiring practices lawsuits.
How much does directors and officers liability insurance cost?
Multiple factors are considered to find the best directors and officers liability insurance policy for your business. The following can impact your coverage rates:
- Number of officers and directors
- Hiring, employment, and HR practices
- Number of voting and non-voting shares
- Company structure (for-profit/non-profit)
At Bow Valley Insurance, we understand that every business is different with unique needs. Our knowledgeable brokers can find the coverage that fits your business.
Ask Our Brokers
Our brokers at Bow Valley Insurance know the value of maintaining effective corporate leadership in ensuring the future growth of the business.
We work with leading insurance providers to equip your company with comprehensive directors and officers liability insurance. We share your goal in protecting the visionaries of your company through competitive rates for custom-tailored plans.
- Tell us about your business and corporate leadership: Multiple factors are considered to find the best directors and officers liability insurance policy for your business.
- Discover leading options: our insurance brokers present you with various options for directors and officers liability insurance, all from leading providers. You can trust our brokers to source and recommend the most comprehensive policies at the most competitive, cost-effective rates for your business.
- Build the future of business: take your company to greater heights and enjoy better business with comprehensive insurance coverage that secures your corporate leaders’ creative vision.
Contact Bow Valley Insurance
At Bow Valley Insurance, our team of experienced and professional brokers is here to help you find the best directors and officers liability insurance for your business.
No matter your business size, Bow Valley Insurance strives to provide you with guaranteed protection. Please contact us at 403 297 9400 or 18003321308, or contact us here for a free, no-obligation quote with one of our knowledgeable, experienced insurance advisors.
Coverage is subject to policy wording, terms, conditions, and deductibles. Protection is limited to the perils, coverage, exclusions, and limits shown on the policy.