Your home is your biggest asset. Occurrences like severe weather, floods and even your neighbour slipping and falling while coming up your driveway can have significant costs. Bow Valley Insurance can design complete coverage for you and your loved ones in case of an unhappy circumstance so that you can enjoy your home without worries. And to further reduce the stress that comes with home ownership, here are a few ways you can save on your insurance.
1) Multiple Policies: By having the same company provide your home and auto insurance, you are eligible for discounts.
2) Higher Deductible: A deductible is the amount you have agreed to pay in repairs or restitution before making a claim on your homeowners insurance. A higher deductible means a cheaper overall policy.
3) Buy New: Newer homes often receive discounts on their insurance because of improved electrical, heating and plumbing systems.
4) Insure the House, Not the Land: Including the value of your land in your insurance may end up with you paying too much. You only need to insure the cost of the buildings on your land.
5) Only Insure What You Have: If you make a large purchase, definitely let your insurance provider know.
6) Better Safe!: Sprinklers systems, burglar alarms and even deadbolts can qualify you for a discount on your home insurance. We appreciate the efforts you make to keep your belongings safe.
7) Claims Free: If you are claims free on your property, your insurance costs will be lower.
8) Occupation: Various occupations are eligible for additional discounts. We can let you know if your occupation qualifies for a special discount on your homeowners insurance.
8) One Insurer, Multiple Policies: If you place your property and auto with one of our insurers, you will receive a multi-policy discount. Also, if you insure two or more vehicles on the same policy, you will receive an additional discount.
10) Mortgage Free: If you are mortgage free, you will receive an additional discount
At Bow Valley Insurance we use our industry “insider’s” knowledge to ensure you are fully covered for life’s potential happenstances so that you can truly relax in your home.
Apply for a quote today!