At Bow Valley Insurance, we know these are unprecedented times. We’re here to help you and your family during this COVID-19 pandemic.
Several insurance companies are offering help to their clients in various ways. These relief programs take a variety of forms:
- Deferred payments
- Reduced premiums
- Waived NSF fees
- No cancellation of coverage for unpaid premiums
We want to share with you the details about what our insurance partners are doing to help you during this pandemic.
Aviva is offering several different ways to help their customers with COVID insurance relief:
- If you have stopped driving completely, you can save up to 75% on your auto insurance.
- If you are still driving, but less than you used to, you can save up to 15% on your auto insurance premiums.
- Aviva is willing to work with customers who are experiencing financial hardship; they will allow customers to defer their premium payments for up to 90 days without fees or penalties.
- They will also waive any non-sufficient fund (NSF) fees for clients unable to make payments, and continue to provide coverage for them.
Economical understands that many Canadians have been impacted due to COVID-19 and are committed to supporting their customers. They are offering many COVID insurance relief options:
- Customers who are driving less or not at all can reduce their auto insurance premium by limiting or changing their coverage.
- Economical is offering both flexible payment options and will work with customers to arrange payment deferrals and waive non-sufficient fund (NSF) fees.
- They will also help their customers by offering payment plan adjustments, and they can help you change the method or frequency of payments if need be.
Intact wants to help its customers during this pandemic. It’s offering a number of COVID insurance relief options for its clients:
- Personal auto insurance drivers can save up to 15% on average on their premiums for up to three months if they are driving less.
- Personal auto insurance drivers can also be eligible for premium reductions of up to 75% on average per month if they are not driving a vehicle at all — the customer must park and safely store their vehicle.
- Intact is also working with customers who may have trouble making payments, waiving missed payment fees and offering flexible payment options, including deferrals.
Travelers Insurance understands that their customers may be facing a financial burden due to COVID-19. They are offering two great ways to help their customers:
- They will suspend cancellation and non-renewal of coverage due to nonpayment through to specific dates, and will not charge NSF fees during this period.
- They are offering all of their customers a “Stay-at-Home Auto Premium Credit Program,” program, which provides a 25% credit on one month’s premium.
Wawanesa is committed to taking important and meaningful steps to help any policyholders who have been affected by COVID. It is proud to offer its clients the following:
- Decreased premiums on car insurance, so if you have parked your car entirely, you are eligible for a decrease of up to 75% on your premiums. If you are still using your car, but much less than you used to, you can also qualify for decreased premiums.
- Waiving non-sufficient funds (NSF) fees.
- Increased coverage allowances if your home or auto repairs have been disrupted or delayed by COVID
- Flexibility in the premiums for property and business insurance if you are impacted by COVID.
Bow Valley Insurance is here to Help You
At Bow Valley Insurance, we’ve been helping Canadians since 1979. While we may not be able to meet with you face to face, we can still provide you with support and guidance during these challenging times.
We encourage you to reach out to us to see if you are eligible for reduced premiums or if you think you will have trouble making your payments. We will work with your insurance company to ensure that you are only paying for what you need and that you will remain covered, no matter your financial circumstances.
To learn more about COVID-19 help from Canadian insurers, call Bow Valley Insurance at 1-800-332-1308 or contact us here.
Coverage is subject to policy wording, terms, conditions, and deductibles. Protection is limited to the perils, coverage, exclusions, and limits shown on the policy.