Bow Valley Insurance has been serving the insurance needs of Canadians by providing comprehensive insurance coverage available at very competitive rates. Our staff of experienced insurance brokers is able to compare coverage offerings from several national providers in order to ensure you and your loved ones, business, or both, are always fully protected.
Saving on Your Home Insurance Costs
Limiting the number of claims as best you can is always the smartest way to save on insurance costs. For homeowners, proper home maintenance is your first defence. The second is prevention.
Most insurance companies offer discounts on your home or condo insurance if you have an approved alarm system installed by a reputable alarm company. The more comprehensive the monitoring of the alarm system with additional monitoring of water, low temperature, fire etc., typically the greater are the discounts. Several incorporate smoke and carbon monoxide detection devices, as well, giving a peace of mind knowing your family will be safe.
Elements of a Good Alarm System
All good alarm systems should be monitored by an outside reputable alarm monitoring company which has contingency backup location in case the primary monitoring location is incapacitated due to a disaster.
As well, detection devices should integrate seamlessly into your home and your lifestyle.
- Movement- and heat-sensitive monitoring technology can be easily installed to be unobtrusive. These devices depending on home or premises are wired or wireless.
- All of your windows and doors can be incorporated into the system.
- Newer alarms can send notification to smartphones when the smoke, carbon monoxide, moisture detectors are going off. It also can sends texts or e-mails when the armed and disarmed. If you have image sensors installed & in case of an alarm, it can send images of the intruder to the smartphone.
- Some home alarms may also provide energy-saving advice, such as let you know which rooms need the least heat, whether it be because of lack of use or plenty of it.
Taking an Extended Trip?
With or without an alarm system, anyone leaving home for an extended business trip or vacation should check their home insurance policy to ensure their valuables are fully covered, and should also always have a trusted friend check the house regularly.
Deter a Prowler
A good home alarm system can also do a lot to deter a prowler in the first place.
- Just the sight of an alarm-system logo near entry points will often be enough to make a burglar move on.
- Strategically-placed motion detector lights outside can intimidate anyone approaching for an unnecessary reason.
- Similarly, indoor lights can be timed to go on when rooms would likely to be used.
Bow Valley: Home Insurance for Alberta
Home insurance is an essential part of home ownership in Alberta. Bow Valley is able to provide a number of options for your home insurance needs, and our experienced insurance brokers are specialists that will ensure you receive the most comprehensive coverage at the very best rates.
We always offer savings information on best practises for achieving the most exceptional coverage for your needs.
Contact Bow Valley Insurance today for a free quote on all types of insurance, and see what we can do for you.