Car insurance is a contract between you and an insurance company to pay for car-related losses specified by your policy in exchange for your premium. We all know the right car insurance is very important to protect you, your family and your personal assets.
There are several ways to save on your auto insurance, and when shopping around, consider the following factors. If any apply to you, you may be eligible for a discount.
- Multiple Vehicles: If there is more than one vehicle in your household, inquire about multi-vehicle discounts. Insurance companies prefer to be the single supplier for any household and are willing to make it worth your while!
- Good Driving: Safe driving obviously saves you money. If you have an untarnished driving record you should be paying low premiums, but sometimes it’s hard to tell if you actually are. This is when it’s a good idea to ask us for multiple quotes and compare!
- Less Mileage Equals Lower Payments: If you really don’t drive much at all, make sure you let your provider know. The fewer kilometers you rack up each year, the better it is for your premiums.
- Car Make and Model: One of the factors in how much you pay for your car insurance is your vehicle’s make and model. Cars that are more often stolen and are more expensive to repair result in higher premiums.
- Driver Education: Insurance companies offer discounts to new drivers that have taken a drivers education course.
- Discounts: Features on cars such anti-theft devices not only benefit the driver, but can also result in lower insurance costs.
- Park Underground: Safe, secure parking can reduce your insurance costs. Those that park their cars outside in areas that are high-risk for theft should expect to pay a little more for car insurance.
- Claims Free: If you are claims free on your vehicle, you insurance costs will be lower.
- Occupation: Various occupations are eligible for additional discounts. Let us check to see if your occupation qualifies for a discount.
- One Insurer, Multiple Policies: If you place your property and auto with one of our insurers, you will receive a multi policy discount
- Higher Deductibles: The higher the deductible that you select, the lower your insurance costs will be.
Independent insurance agencies such as Bow Valley Insurance are your best bet for receiving the best rates. We take pride in providing the best possible coverage for you and your family. Please contact us to talk about your insurance needs today.