Bow Valley Insurance Services (2004) Ltd., (BVI) are committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience. This Statement of Privacy applies to the BVI Web site and governs data collection and usage. By using the BVI website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
BVI collects, uses, and discloses personal Information for the following purposes:
- Offering and providing insurance and related products and services to you
- Establishing and maintaining communications with you
- Verifying your identity and the accuracy of your Personal Information with government agencies, industry associations, brokers or other insurers;
- Analysing, assessing and underwriting risks on a prudent basis
- Investigation and paying claims
- Detecting and preventing fraud or other illegal activities
- Compiling statistics
- Complying with the law or the requests of law enforcement agencies or regulators
- Notifying you or allowing our affiliated companies to notify you of certain products or services offered by our affiliated companies.
Your knowledge and consent of BVI collection, use and disclosure of your personal information is critical. We rely on the following actions by you as indications of your consent to our existing and future Personal Information Practices:
- Your voluntary provision of Personal Information directly to BVI or through an insurance broker or representative for the purpose of acquiring an insurance contract or related service or product (including information previously provided to BVI)
- Your express consent or acknowledgement contained within a written, verbal or electronic application process
- Your consent solicited by BVI (or our agent) for a specified purpose
- Your consent given through your authorized representative such as a legal guardian, agent of holder of a power of attorney.
Subject to certain legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, you may withdraw the consent at any time. BVI will inform you of the consequences of withdrawing your consent.
In some cases, refusing to provide certain personal information or withdrawing consent for BVI to collect, use or disclose your personal information could mean that we cannot provide you with insurance coverage or other requested products, services or information.
BVI will maintain your personal information as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the Identified Purposes.
Use of your Personal Information
BVI collects and uses your personal information to operate the Web site and deliver the services you have requested. BVI also uses your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from BVI and its affiliates. BVI may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
BVI does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. BVI may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party. In addition, BVI may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to BVI, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Security of your Personal Information
BVI will protect your personal information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Safeguards will vary depending on the sensitivity format, location, and storage of the personal information.
Third Party Links
Changes to this Statement
BVI will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. BVI encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how BVI is protecting your information.
BVI welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. Please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.